Our partnership with Great Bay Community College has been extremely successful over the last six years. This PAID Medical Assistant training program includes of eight weeks of classroom training with Great Bay Community College and four weeks of a clinical internship with Core Physicians. Tuition will be shared between Core Physicians and the attendee. (Additional funding also available by qualifying through Apprenticeship NH Program and NH WIOA) Successful completion of the program will require passing a final exam and demonstrating competency in selected skills. The clinical internship will include four weeks of training under the direct supervision and responsibility of a preceptor/liaison. Selected candidate must commit to 40 hours a week of a combination of classroom and on-line education for eight weeks. Program graduates will be prepared to work as Medical Assistant in a Core Physician's practice for a minimum of two years. **PREREQUISITE: WORK READY NH CERTIFICATE CLASS. Click here to learn more and enroll in the free class:
Join us at one of our upcoming virtual information sessions!
- Tuesday, 7/27/2021 (10:30-11:00AM)
- Wednesday, 7/28/2021 (5:30-6:00PM)
- Thursday, 7/29/2021 (2:00-2:30PM)
Click here to attend: https://ccsnh.zoom.us/j/99602144480
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Performs clinical duties such as assisting provider in examinations, procedures and obtaining vital signs.
- Cleans instruments and exam rooms as needed.
- Prepares instruments for sterilization as required.
- Orders and stocks exam rooms with appropriate medical supplies.
- Calls in prescriptions as directed by the provider.
- May schedule pre-admission and diagnostic testing, follow up with patients after surgeries.
- Performs administrative duties including answering telephone inquiries, scheduling, organizing patient charts, filing, pulling and copying patient records.
- Maintains and adheres to established Core policies and procedures and federal regulations, including, patient confidentiality, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Other duties as assigned.