Provides occupational health clinical services in ambulatory care settings.
- Master's Degree
- 1 year experience in Occupational Health
- CPR Certified within 90 days
- Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner - Adult
- Adheres to ACOEM Occupational Health and Disability Practice Guidelines to ensure appropriate evaluation; treatment and management of work injuries and timely return to work.
- Performs Medical Surveillance; DOTand Pre-placement Exams per department Occupational Health Guidelines for internal and external customers
- Works in collaboration with physician; workers compensation coordinator; team members; employee; employer; and managed care/insurance company and ensures timely communication of health and work status.
- Stays current with industry developments; federal/state legislative and regulatory actions affecting occupational and employee health.
- Maintains appropriate electronic documentation in Occupational Health software on the date of visit and ensures confidentiality of same.
- Facilitates referrals to specialty physicians to ensure appropriate care per Disability and ACOEM guidelines.
- On-site Nurse Practitioner - Assists in maintaining a safe workplace by educating workers on personal health issues and company's safety policies. Makes recommendations to employers that can make a workplace and its standard operating procedures safer for employees. - Possesses specialized knowledge that can lead to increased employee retention; as well as reduced worker's compensation claims. - familiar with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and legislation that protects worker rights; such as the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. - Health education to include nutrition; disease management and wellness.