Prepares Oncology claims for submission to insurance companies.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 1-3 years experience
- Requests medical records as required by insurance for billing purposes.
- Collects billing slips daily and organizes by patient and Practitioner.
- Downloads claims daily to the electronic billing system (data entry for Medical Oncology).
- Cross checks all billing sheets to Procrit Form and schedules to ensure all slips contain correct charges.
- Transmits export billing for Radiation on a daily basis. Reviews all reports including batch reports and makes correction within one day of the error being received.
- Responsible for maintaining verification of ABN necessity for all Medicare patients scheduled for lab draws.
- Identifies trends or potential billing system problems. Reviews all daily reports and identifies any problems such as incomplete billing; etc.
- Reviews revenue codes; dates of service; CPT codes and insurance information to ensure accuracy and maximum reimbursement.
- Conducts monthly chart audits for QA purposes (both Medical and Radiation Oncology).