Leads the activities of the Health Information Technician (HIT) staff with daily operation . Assists Manager with oversight of day and weekend staff, to include training, input on performance reviews, coordination of work assignments and staffing.
· 3 to 5 years preferred in medical records or experience related to healthcare information
· High School Diploma or GED
- Trains and orients new employees; provides input about performance issues and provides input on HIT performance reviews.
- Assists with managing coverage needs daily and weekend staff and communicates / discusses staffing arrangements with manager. Coordinates work assignments and assists staff with prioritizing work when needed.
- Assists the Operations Manager with activities of the HIT Staff. Requests medical records as necessary, retrieves charts from the patient care areas, requests charts from storage, and oversees the dictation system.
- Is a resource for ROI activities. Processes Continuity Care and Stats request on a regular basis. Routes phone calls, assists with walk‑ins within scope of job skill or refers to the appropriate area for handling.
- Back-up for monitoring the NextGate DQM eMPI system as well as updating Meditech to reflect most accurate demographic information determined in review of the eMPI system. Monitors the STORZ coldfeed system to ensure all surgical photos are imported into patients' medical records. Monitors and imports ambulance run sheets from the ImageTrend Hospital Hub into patients' medical records. Provides EDIT access to appropriate clinical staff as necessary.
- Responsible for reporting monthly statistics for HIT I & II activities as well as transcription statistical reporting. Works will managers on creating data collection and creating graphs.
- Provides IT troubleshooting to HIT I & II staff.
- Assists manager in providing feedback to HIT I & II staff on compliance with department policies and procedures as well as productivity requirements.
- Performs all HIT related tasks as the resource and is coverage during staff shortages. Assists manager in all department statistical reporting, relinquishment process and follow up.
- Performs other duties as assigned.