Utilizing advanced concepts in information management and nursing knowledge assesses plans, develops, implements and evaluates systems to transform clinical data into knowledge. Working collaboratively with clinical, materials, business and quality personnel promotes the use of technology to optimize clinical work processes.
- 3-5 years of experience working as a system analyst
- BSN degree
- RN license - NH or other Compact State
- Experience with project management
- Experience with Data Analysis and Use of Crystal Reporting or similar reporting tools
- Certification in Nursing Informatics or Must obtain certification within 1 year of hire
- Excellent organization, communication and team building skills
- Familiarity with Meditech, Endoscopy, Surgical or Cath Lab software
Maintains compliance with regulatory, confidentiality, security and safety requirements
- Application Analyst: Maintains working knowledge of Meditech OR Manager system, MAC lab and Provation. Maintains clinical software dictionaries, reviews, tests and evaluates enhancements, fixes, and version updates with impacted clinical staff. Maintains clinical tracker systems;
- Project Manager: Participates in process design and development on new clinical applications. Provides oversight to IS projects within surgical services.
- Document control: Maintains appropriate downtime resources, policies and procedures that relate to the use of the software with various stakeholders. Provides educational materials as necessary for users.
- Partners with other application leaders, network team, IS technicians to problem-solve issues with hardware, network and other software applications to facilitate patient care and clinical processes within surgical services.
- Serves as a liaison between surgical services, IS, vendor technical support and other users of the software systems.
- Process Analyst: Evaluates work flow of the teams and leverages software capabilities to lean processes,
- Interfaces: works closely with the IS department to maintain essential technical connectivity, systems backup and interfacing with other hospital IT systems.
- Problem-solving: performs troubleshooting and is actively responsible for problem escalation and resolution. Maintains ongoing database issues to maintain system integrity.
- Data analyst: Assists in software design to enhance data mining activities; Creates reports as necessary to support clinical and business functions. Works with IS to ensure access to data for Surgical Department analysis and reporting activities. Represents Surgical Services on the Data Management and Governance Committee.