Coordination and supervision of business and support services for surgical services, endoscopy and interventional spine. Responsible for driving performance metrics related to operational growth and finances; Serves as a liaison between administration, departments and clinical staff to ensure cost-effective utilization of products, services and processes (value analysis).
- 5 to 7 years of directly related experience, in a surgical setting and/or hospital setting.
- Skills in Data Abstraction, Supply Chain Management, Budgeting, Healthcare Finance.
- Strong Analytical, Communication and Project Management Skills Required; Proficiency in Crystal reporting preferred.
- Supervise OR materials coordinators, systems administrator, OR schedulers and billing team.
- Develop, manage and distribute business analytics and intelligence on key quality, financial and compliance metrics. Maintains working knowledge of Lawson, Meditech, Crystal Reporting.
- Utilizes internal and external data to identify savings opportunities, including our Group Purchasing Organization's (GPO) tools, purchasing data, contracting data and other internal financial tools. Assist in the selection, evaluation, monitoring, analysis and implementation of cost-effective products, services and processes. Oversight of trials.
- Prepares data, analysis and recommendation for block utilization committee. Builds/maintains blocks in the Meditech ORM system.
- Supply chain management: maintain working knowledge of disposable, reusable supplies. Purchasing, restocking, ordering, setting par levels, monitoring inventory for efficiency. Standardize products, decrease waste, manage backorders; Oversight of annual inventory.
- Provides business support (annual budget, capital purchasing, compliance oversight) for Central Sterile processing, Operating Rooms, and Recovery Rooms. Continuously track value analysis efforts, measuring and documenting financial, quality and service success. Prepares annual report for presentation to CFO.
- Participates with the Material Management team in contract negotiations with vendors.
- Work with recovery and audit team to on medical necessity processes. Ensure compliance with state, local & federal regulatory requirements.
- Provide oversight for tissue and implant tracking working with materials coordinators.
- Participate in/ lead special projects and other duties as required