Accurately codes diagnoses, procedures, and levels of evaluation and management services based on CPT and ICD guidelines.
- High School Diploma or GED
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder) or CPCA (Certifed Professional Coder Apprentice)
- Apply broad guidelines to specific coding situations; independently utilizing discretion and analytic ability.
- Communicates effectively verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in ICD and CPT coding classification systems; diagnosis and service(s) selection; and sequencing guidelines.
- Demonstrates competence with coding guidelines.
- Assist other coders by monitoring coders worklog for identification of accounts that need additional follow-up.
- Perform other coding/clerical function or other duties assigned.