Performs a variety of duties to purchase material equipment merchandise and supplies according to hospital guidelines for cost quality and delivery.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years experience
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures,objectives, quality assurance program, and safety standards.
- Ensures that hospital standard procedures are followed in connection with purchases of material and services.
- Prepares materials and supplies purchase orders; analyzes quotations and expedites deliveries and shipments.
- Obtains certifications of delivery and conducts check against order; checks and approves payment of invoices.
- Maintains purchase order and invoice files and related purchasing records.
- Follows up with vendors to ensure they meet required delivery dates.
- Prepares materials and supplies purchase orders for pre-mixed IV medications; solutions; syringes and needles for patient care areas.
- Maintains files and records of current and potential suppliers; material; prices; delivery dates and inventories.
- Prepares documentation to process requests for repairs; adjustment for damages; and incorrect shipments. Purchases materials; equipment; and supplies from vendors.
- Researches and selects products according to quality; price; and serviceability standards. Contacts vendors and hospital personnel to ensure actions are completed.