Provide technical support to providers, patients and clinical staff. Act as a customer service liaison for the hospital laboratory.
- 1 to 3 years of directly related experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience working with MS Word and Excel
- Handle customer technical and non-technical inquiries. Determine level of complexity and seek assistance when needed.
- Act as liaison between the hospital laboratory and other hospital departments, providers and other laboratories.
- Follow up with Core laboratory technical support regarding missing or incorrect specimens and orders.
- Fax reports, research reasons for failed faxed reports and seeks solutions for the failures.
- Work with reference laboratory requests for additional or corrected information and add-on test requests.
- Phone critical and reportable disease results; document all calls.
- Assist supervisory group with policy and procedure updates.
- Create and update spreadsheets in Excel.
- Manage inventory and ordering of office supplies.