Assists in food preparation portioning tray assembly and delivery to patients. Works to clean and sanitize dishwasher kitchen equipment and various kitchen areas where food is stocked and/or prepped for service.
- Prepares food items from menus in accordance with pre-established standards.
- Performs tray line and dishroom tasks as trays are assembled; delivered and retrieved from patient care areas.
- Practices proper techniques to ensure safety and sanitation in food service/job performance areas throughout the hospital.
- May circulate on patient units during mealtime assignments communicating identified needs to the diet office.
- Adheres to departmental policies and procedures and contributes to their ongoing change through routine exchanges of ideas for continuous quality improvement.