Responsible for decontamination, cleaning, processing, sterilization of instrumentation and endoscopes. Provides pick and delivery of instruments and equipment. Assists with staff orientation and departmental quality improvement and control activities.
To Learn More about the role, hear from our staff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEd1BnqL4E0
- High School Diploma or GED
- Directly Related Experience
- CRCST Certification Encouraged
- Decontaminates and processes surgical instrument and patient care equipment according to departmental policies and procedures and manufacturer instructions for use. Assembles and packages instruments and equipment for sterilization. Able to perform duties in both the outpatient and inpatient surgical areas.
- Cleans and processes Endoscopes according to hospital policies and procedures and manufacturer Instructions.
- Provides operational support to the OR by responding rapidly and effectively to emergency patient care needs. (added cases and/or immediate instrumentation).
- Performs biological and bowie dick testing per departmental policies and procedures. Reports abnormal results to supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Follows event related sterility and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement programs, safety/environment of care programs and infection control standards. Reports any equipment failures, risk or safety issues to department director or designee in a timely fashion.
- Performs morning rounds to retrieve equipment from hospital departments. Provides, delivery/pick up of instruments for OSC, Main OR and Core offices. May assist with preparing case carts for the Operating Rooms. Assists in locating instruments/equipment as needed. Retrieves/restocks/returns and performs monthly outdates for code and specialty carts. Monitors non-controlled pharmaceutical agents.
- Maintains a clean work environment in accordance with regulatory requirements and hospital policy, such as damp dusting horizontal surfaces, end of the day cleaning, removal of trash and laundry, cleaning equipment and common areas.
- Attends staff meetings and in-services; Responsible to stay up to date with departmental communications and required annual and periodic competencies.
- Participates in orientation of new staff as needed
- Completes other daily tasks as requested and assigned.