Plans and administers medically prescribed physical therapy evaluation and treatment for patients suffering from injuries muscle nerve joint and bone diseases or neurological or developmental disorders to improve and/or restore function relieve pain and prevent disability.
- Bachelor's degree; graduate of accredited program
- Physical Therapist - NH
- CPR certified within 90 days of hire
- Selects; administers and interprets clinically appropriate assessments.
- Effectively integrates educational; medical; social and psychological factors when interpreting evaluative measures and determining the appropriate treatment diagnosis/diagnoses.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care which promote development and/or restoration of skills required for successful participation in community activities and activities of daily living.
- Collaborates with other healthcare; contract; and school providers to coordinate services and maximize outcomes.
- Evaluates treatment outcomes at various stages and modifies the plan of care to reflect any changes in the patient's performance or condition.
- Designs home exercise programs to facilitate carry over and promote independence. Provides instruction and supervision in the implementation of home programs.
- Complies with standards for medical; and/or educational; records management (e.g. insurance authorization; consents; physician's referral; documentation of treatment notes) and maintains patient/client confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Complies with professional and licensure standards on code of ethics.
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment for patient and family in accordance with hospital standards including assurance and support of patient's rights and responsibilities.
- Orients; instructs and directs work activities of assistants; aides and/or students in acute; outpatient and contract settings.