Provides basic nursing care to patients with additional technical competencies under the direct supervision of the licensed nurse. Attends nursing station and performs clerical and reception duties. Requisitions supplies equipment and services as directed.
- 0-6 months experience
- CPR certified within 90 days of hire
- Licensed Nursing Assistant - N.H. state
- Provides personal care to patients. Performs clerical duties to include accurate and timely patient care documentation. Transcribes physician orders; maintains record integrity.
- Performs clerical duties relating to admission; discharge; transfer and death. Maintains department records; reports and files. Requisitions supplies; equipment; maintenance and repairs. Keeps stock and equipment inventories.
- Monitors condition of patients and reports changes to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains a safe; comfortable and therapeutic environment for patient and family in accordance with hospital standards including assurance and support of patient's rights and responsibilities.
- Performs EKG's and/or ortho tech/telemetry skills. May perform phlebotomy in designated areas. Orients new LNA's.
- Performs basic procedures to include incentive spirometry; bedside testing such as blood glucose testing; non-sterile dressing changes and oral suctioning and maintains aseptic technique when appropriate.
- Performs accurate and timely documentation of patient care information on appropriate patient medical record forms.
- Determines proper functioning of medical equipment to assure patient safety.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the patient care plan.
- May enter laboratory orders and/or records charges.