Manages Quality and Patient Safety team operations, ensures compliance with all quality reporting, regulatory and accreditation standards and requirements and ensures accessible, reliable quality data. Serves as an organizational subject matter expert and thought leader for quality and patient safety, quality reporting, measurement and incentive payment programs.
5-7 years of directly related experience
Bachelor’s degree in a related field required, Master’s degree and CPPS certification preferred
CPHQ within 1 year of hire
Strong analytical and communication skills
- Manages department staff including hiring, supervision and coaching, adherence to organizational standards and support for professional learning and advancement.
- Ensures external Quality Reporting requirements are met within expected timeframes and outcomes are communicated and celebrated. Opportunities are incorporated into the improvement process and strategic and annual goal-setting.
- Employs and teaches industry standard tools and rules for measurement, benchmarking, data utilization and display.
- Advances the use of the safety event reporting system and software to ensure readily accessible performance data.
- Collaborates with the Patient Safety Team in the review, analysis and improvement efforts related to patient safety risks and adverse events.
- Supports the adoption of clinical and operational best practices through training, education, coaching and feedback for staff, providers and leader.
- Sets improvement goals and leads performance improvement within the department to ensure effective and efficient processes and collaborates in the selection of organizational improvement priorities and goal-setting.
- Stays up to date on emerging best practices, regulatory updates, and other material changes in the quality and patient safety.
- Participates in organizational, regional and statewide quality and patient safety improvement activities and initiatives and represents Exeter Hospital at collaborative and educational meetings and forums,
- Educates multiple stakeholder groups in the science of quality and patient safety.