Performs various job duties related to cashiering, data entry, and accounts receivable.
- 1 to 3 years in a medical setting
- High School Diploma or GED
- Responsible for accurate daily preparation for bank deposit of daily payments and receipts from various departments (cash/credit card/checks), balances petty cash following standard work procedures.
- Posts all payor, patient payments, and contractual allowances into the patient accounts system either through data entry or electronic downloads (835) within 3 days of receipt. Ensures payment received from payer is accurate according to contract.
- Follows up on and resolves payer payment discrepancies.
- Batches and posts manual adjustments to accounts properly and timely. Promptly works the Bucket Report to ensure account balances are prorated accurately.
- Greets and directs visitors/patients. Accepts patient payment and issues receipts to the customer. Provides back up to the Receptionist and Financial Representatives as needed for patient inquiries and phones.
- Responsible for posting hospital charges daily and accurately. Works with managers or departments as needed to resolve identified charging issues.
- Assists the Team Leader when needed in completing the Cash Reconciliation timely, while working with the Finance Department to resolve any identified issues/trends.
- Files and/or retrieves Explanation of Benefits, Remittance Advices, adjustment sheets, and all other financial documents, both onsite and offsite while following standard retention policies.
- Work with various departments to complete audit requests.
- Provides back up to peers as needed. Performs all other duties as assigned.