Functions as a resource to facilitate staff interactions with selected clinical information systems. Provide hands-on education and training and day to day system(s) support to the user community. Investigates triages and identifies computer system issues and associated workflow implications then collaborates with Clinical and IS departments to optimize system functionality.
- Associate's degree in related field or equivalent
- 2-4 years experience in training educating and documenting with in a clinical healthcare environment
- Provides at the elbow support and mentoring for selected clinical information systems throughout Exeter Hospital.
- Performs troubleshooting analysis; triage; resolution and escalation of system issues as appropriate. Uses tracking software to document issues and resolution.
- Contributes to the design and delivery of educational programs and training materials as necessary to enhance system implementations and user competence.
- Uses excellent communication skills to act as a liaison between Information Services and the clinical departments to communicate and manage user requirements and issues. Ensures that IS fully understands the issue(s) or request.
- Promotes safe; efficient; evidence-based patient care through optimized clinical information system functionality including participation in research and defining best practice.
- Develops and maintains a strong working knowledge of clinical operations and associated clinical information systems applications.
- Makes recommendations to management for both system and process enhancements in relation number 5 & number 6 above.
- Enhances personal and professional growth through the participation in educational programs; reading current literature; attending in-services; meetings and workshops; networking with like counterparts in the industry.
- Performs other active duties as assigned.