Performs a variety of business and customer service functions including: greeting patients updating patient records scheduling appointments reviewing treatment plans verifying insurance coverage and collecting co-payments.
- 1-3 years experience
- BCLS within 6 months of hire
- Maintains and adheres to established CORE and federal regulated policies and procedures and objectives including; patient confidentiality; quality assurance; safety; environmental and infection control standards.
- Schedules appointments and sends appropriate correspondence. Tracks missed; broken and/or cancelled appointments including follow-up and rescheduling.
- Coordinates the daily schedule; confirming scheduled appointments; contacting patients to fill unexpected openings in the schedule and handling emergency appointments.
- Reviews account with guarantor; collecting payment on old balances and on services rendered based on individual dental plan of benefits.
- Confirms insurance benefits and reviews; clinically and financially and treatment plans.
- Communicates with patients and caregivers regarding office policies; financial arrangements; clinical questions and other concerns.
- Promotes team cohesiveness by interacting with team members using active listening skills; respect; non-judgmental attitude and office guidelines for problem/conflict resolution.
- May be responsible for providing back up coverage to the dental biller.
- All other duties as assigned.