Reporting to Director of Business Development, responsible for the intake and disposition of all incoming client/patient referrals.
· Associates Degree or equivalent
· 3 to 5 experience in a Medical setting, preferably home health
· Prefer MA or LNA or equivalent experience
1. Completes referrals in an accurate and timely manner according to agency procedures.
2. Coordinates the flow of orders and MD verification per standard work among the appropriate parties including agency staff, the referral source, the /patient and physician.
3. Manages fax main, physician tables and E Discharge according to agency processes.
4. Assists in determination of valid physician licenses for referring physicians per agency policy.
5. Collaborates with Referral Team, Scheduling and Clinicians to obtain pertinent information to enhance patient care.
6. Maintains established agency policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement programs, safety/environment of care programs and infection control standards.
7. Acts as a liaison between the agency and other facilities.
8. Supports patient rights and responsibilities.
9. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in education programs, current literature, In-services, meetings and workshops.
10. Demonstrates ability to perform all assigned functions related to the Intake Department according to established procedures.