Responsible for screening all patients and employees entering the building(s) to minimize risk to patients and employees by screening out those who are high‑risk.
- Engage all patients and employees as they enter the building(s) to ask the specified screening questions aligned with the CDC Guidelines and Infection Prevention guidance.
- Perform temperature checks using thermometer(s) e.g. temporal/no‑touch/tympanic, etc.
- Provide patients and employees with the appropriate sticker indicating they are cleared for that day.
- Provide patients and employees with facemask as appropriate, or evaluate the facemask a patient wears in for alignment with CDC Guidelines and Infection Prevention guidance.
- Guide patients through all steps of screening process to provide any needed education regarding rationale for screening guidelines.
- Maintain daily awareness of all screening guidelines.
- Follow guidance of Lead Screener; elevate questions and concerns to Lead Screener.
- Understand safety and security procedures in the event Security needs arise.
- Interact in friendly and caring manner with all patients and employees at all times.
- Other duties as assigned and appropriate.