Performs duties of Charge Entry Specialist for a multiple provider practice. The per diem schedule is on an as needed basis.
- 0-2 years experience
- Associate's degree in related field or equivalent
- Enters charges on a daily basis to include posting patient payments; entering ICD-9 and CPT codes; reconciling daily collections with charges via the daily ledger process.
- Prepares and makes daily deposit in bank.
- Works closely with patients in customer service role of answering billing questions; researching accounts; deciphering billing statements.
- Communicates daily with providers to answer coding questions and provide updates on changes to billing regulations (Medicare) or policies.
- Creates and provides reports to Site Manager on a regular basis.
- Acts as liaison between practice and Central Billing Office.
- Catalogs daily fee tickets for later retrieval. Practice Management System Super User.
- All other duties as assigned.