Provide care for patients with obstetric and gynecologic needs. Assists patients in labor and delivery, as well as postpartum care.
- Masters Degree; directly related
- Valid DEA
- BLS within 6 months of hire
- Responsible for the timely and accurate documenting all findings of examinations, histories, and significant observations in the patient's chart.
- Obtains consultation and assistance from physicians as needed to institute preventative measures and detect abnormal conditions.
- Independently and safely provide coverage for physicians on obstetric patients as requested as well as successfully manage midwifery services to obstetric patients.
- Responsible for providing and managing the care of women during labor and delivery.
- Provides prenatal care as well as gynecological care to women.
- Provides assistance at cesarean sections and gynecological surgeries.
- Performs procedures such as ultrasound examinations, abdominal palpation to successfully evaluate fetal status such as size, weight, presentation and position, approximate station and fetal heart rate.
- Performs initial OB intake and evaluation to ensure accurate medical, obstetrical, gynecological, and psycho‑social history of the present pregnancy and observes signs of the patient's general and obstetrical health status.
- Assures full coverage of the midwifery services with other practice CNMs.
- All other duties as assigned.