Sign on Bonus!!
Provide support to the practice in the functional areas of clerical, clinical and business under the direct supervision of a Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant or Physician.
Certified/registered MA within 6 mos if hired after 11/28/2011; or pending CMA/RMA certification/registration to obtain within 6 mos of hire; or credentialed through formal training program that includes testing of knowledge (i.e. Great Bay Comm College).
CPR and AED within 6 months of hire
1. Performs clinical duties such as assisting provider in examinations, procedures and obtaining vital signs, medication reconciliation and pre visit work.
2. Cleans instruments and prepares for sterilization as required. Ensures exam rooms are cleaned and stocked.
3. Following standard work procedures, and messaging policy, responds to patient phone portal message on the same day.
4. Uses standing protocols to complete pre visit work, close gaps in care, administrator vaccines, and give prescription refills.
5. May schedule pre admission and diagnostic testing; follow up with patients after surgery.
6. Performs daily administrative duties of the practice including greeting/check in/check out, scheduling patients, answering telephones, taking messages, organizing patient charts, filing, pulling and copying patient records, collection of co pays and patient balances, posts payment and adjustment transactions, and balances daily journal.
7. Maintains and adheres to established Core policies and procedures and federal regulations, including, patient confidentiality, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
8. Responsible for documenting daily huddle follow up items and out puts as well as working as a member of the care team to ensure proper communication between all team members is sustained.
9. Responsible for monitoring care team metrics to evaluate improvement metrics & outcome.
10. Other duties as assigned.