Leads the activities of the Health Information Technician (HIT) staff with daily operation . Assists Manager with oversight of day and weekend staff, to include training, input on performance reviews, coordination of work assignments and staffing.
· 3 to 5 years of directly related experience
· High School Diploma or GED
- Trains and orients new employees; provides input about performance issues and provides input on HIT performance reviews.
- Assists with managing coverage needs daily and weekend staff and communicates / discusses staffing arrangements with manager. Coordinates work assignments and assists staff with prioritizing work when needed.
- Leads the activities of HIT staff. Requests medical records as necessary and medical record documents from EHR; delivers charts to patient care areas, pulls charts for storage; and oversees the dictation system.
- Is a resource for ROI activities. Processes Continuity Care and Stats request on a regular basis. Routes phone calls, assists with walk‑ins within scope of job skill or refers to the appropriate area for handling.
- Administers and monitors the NextGate DQM EMPI system as well as updating Meditech to reflect required changes to the EMPI. Monitors the STORZ coldfed system to ensure all surgical photographs are imported accurately to facilitate Continuity of Care. Monitors the ImageTrend Hospital Hub and imports all ambulance run sheets into Meditech to facilitate continuity of care. Provides EDIT access to the medical record to the appropriate clinical staff as necessary on a daily basis.
- Responsible for reporting monthly statistics for HIT I & II activities as well as transcription statistical reporting. Works will managers on creating data collection and creating graphs.
- Provides IT troubleshooting to HIT I & II staff.
- Assists manager in providing feedback to HIT I & II staff on compliance with department policies and procedures as well as productivity requirements.
- Performs all HIT related tasks as the resource and is coverage during staff shortages. Assists manager in all department statistical reporting, relinquishment process and follow up.
- Performs other duties as assigned.