Under supervision responsible for decontamination cleaning processing and sterilization of instrumentation.
HOURS ARE AS NEEDED TO FILL IN SCHEDULE VOIDS, IE, vacation, sick calls etc...
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Operates decontamination and disinfecting equipment according to manufacturer guidelines. Assembles and packages instruments and equipment for sterilization.
- Performs biological and bowie dick testing per departmental policies and procedures. Reports abnormal results to supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Decontaminates and processes surgical instrumentation and patient care equipment according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Follows event related sterility policy in daily practice.
- Provides operational support to the OR by responding rapidly and effectively to emergency needs; added cases and/or immediate instrumentation and patient care equipment needs.
- Delivery/pick up of instruments for OSC and Main OR as necessary. Assists in locating instruments as necessary.
- Performs morning rounds to retrieve equipment from hospital departments. Retrieves/restocks/returns code carts. Monitors non-controlled pharmaceutical agents.
- Cleans and processes scopes according to hospital policies and procedures and manufacturing instructions.
- Follows established departmental policies and procedures; objectives; quality improvement programs; safety/environment of care programs and infection control standards.
- Maintains a clean work environment in accordance with regulatory requirements and hospital policy; such as damp dusting horizontal surfaces; end of the day cleaning; removal of trash and laundry; cleaning equipment and cleaning of common areas.