The Supervisor EVS position assists the Director with the planning, organization, development and direction for the operation of EVS departments (Housekeeping & Linen). Assists the Director with budget development & management.
- 7 to 10 years of Supervisory/Management experience
- Associates Degree
- Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Professional (CHESP) or equivalent
- Supervises operations and schedules to ensure that goals or objectives are accomplished within the allotted time frame and to Exeter Hospital standards. Manages staff hiring/firing, appraisal processes, and corrective actions.
- Sets priorities and functional standards, giving direction to staff as necessary to ensure the best possible delivery of service and high customer/patient satisfaction. Committed to staff education, development and advancement.
- Drives department standards and activities to continually improve patient/customer‑based satisfaction surveys. Serves and actively participates on various committees as a voice for the department in the Director's absence. The department Coordinators, Leads and staff for first and third shifts report directly to this position.
- Identifies and implements innovative solutions for practice and/or workflow changes to improve overall departmental performance. Leads and/or delegates to other team members process improvement projects.
- Actively communicating with staff soliciting input and feedback. Managing the daily dashboard while expressing ideas clearly. Responds constructively to criticism and concerns expressed by others. Keeps staff informed. Communicate honestly, diplomatically and pro‑actively.
- Actively involved in multiple committees such as EOC, Waste Management and Infection Prevention. Represents the EVS department in the Director's absence for these committees.
- Drives change initiatives, maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures
- Direct engagement with billing, budgeting and the use of Lawson for department ordering while maintaining/balancing the budget.
- Conducts weekly/monthly inspections of all on and off‑site facilities to ensure they are being maintained to Exeter Hospital standards. Shares reports with site managers and follows up on open issues.
- Overseeing/updating and creating policies, procedures and work instructions as necessary to meet the standard guidelines of the organization. Manages the staff training process; instructs as needed.