The Occupational Health Nurse will provide services at a manufacturing company in the Somersworth, NH area. The individual will be responsible for delivery of internal or external services as identified to meet the business objectives and customer needs of Center for Occupational and Employee Health (COEH).
This positionis 20 hours/wk, Monday thru Friday; but may be required to work additional hours if needed.
- 0-1 year experience
- RN License - NH or other Compact State
- BSN Preferred
- Drivers License - Valid
- Satisfactory Driving Record
- Provides direct or indirect occupational nursing services to satisfy a contractual agreement with external customers. Solves problems creatively. Manages conflict effectively. Utilizes resources appropriately.
- Uses epidemiological/population health management methods to determine major health and safety needs of the work group. Documents and reports result to client contact and department manager.
- Maintains established department policies and procedures. Completes all client billing; time sheets and requests for information within specified time frames.
- Reports annually to client contact and department manager the cost effectiveness of specific services; utilization rate; and specific activities of occupational health services. This is done in collaboration with team members.
- Remains in contact with the home office by responding to voice mail/e-mail and internet communications.
- Communicates on a timely basis with department manager ideas for product/service improvements; and/or any significant changes taking place within the client company.
- Assures patient care areas are clean and orderly and protect confidentiality.
- Performs all duties of staff RN as appropriate.
- Adheres to occupational health nursing guidelines.
- Maintains appropriate records/files and assures confidentiality of same. Provides appropriate documentation in the medical record on all patient interventions/interactions. Documentation will be completed prior to leaving the work-site at the end of the shift.