Responsible for the coordination of decontamination cleaning processing and sterilization of supplies and equipment dispensed by the department following infection control practices. Directs and checks the work of others in the absence of the department manager.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 1-3 years experience in Sterile Processing
- Central Sterile Technician - certified within first 12 months of hire
- Provides direct leadership in the absence of manager. Serves as a preceptor to new staff. Ensures assignments are appropriate to the experience level of the employee.
- Assists in developing; communicating; implementing and troubleshooting instrument/sterilization issues.
- Coordinates/monitors quality activities for the OR and CSS for surgical instrumentation. Performs quality assurance/control activities in CSS and OR on weekends.
- Collaborates with the manager to define; implement and enforce policies and procedures. Assists in meeting compliance with regulatory standards.
- Orders department supplies to ensure adequate amounts. Orders instruments.
- Cross trained to work in both the Main OR and OSC.
- Performs all CSA and CST 1 duties. Monitors non-controlled pharmaceutical agents.
- Maintains a clean work environment in accordance with regulatory requirements and hospital policy; such as damp dusting horizontal surfaces; end of the day cleaning; removal of trash and laundry; cleaning equipment and cleaning of common areas.
- Performs code cart outdates as directed.
- May assist with preparing case carts in the OR; anticipating and gathering instruments required utilizing preference cards.