Schedules surgeries performs insurance verification and pre-certifications. Acts as liaison between practice and hospital and practice and patient to ensure smooth communication and coordination of surgeries.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 1-3 years experience in Surgical Scheduling
- Medical Terminology
- Schedules all surgical procedures and post operative visits.
- Ensures patient consents for surgery are completed.
- Completes surgical booking sheet and faxes to hospital and PCP office.
- Ensures all surgeries are entered into practice management system.
- Prepares surgery information packets and mails surgery information packets to patient.
- Functions as patient's main contact point for all pre-operative questions.
- Communicates to physicians all pre-operative clinical questions from patient.
- Pre-certifies surgeries with insurance carriers and maintains record of all procedures pre-certified.
- Confirms patient's primary care physician with insurance carrier.
- Confirms workers' compensation claim; if necessary.