Plans and administers medically prescribed speech therapy evaluation and treatment for patients with neurological or developmental speech language communication and/or feeding/swallowing disorders to improve and/or restore function and prevent disability.
- Master's degree; graduate of an accredited program
- Dysphagia & Modified Barium Swallow Studies (Inpatient)
- Speech Language Pathologist - NH
- CPR certified within 90 days of hire
- Selects; administers and interprets clinically appropriate assessments.
- Effectively integrates educational; medical; social and psychological factors when interpreting evaluative measures and determining the appropriate treatment diagnosis/diagnoses.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care which promote development and/or restoration of skills required for successful participation in community activities and activities of daily living.
- Evaluates treatment outcomes at various stages and modifies the plan of care to reflect any changes in the patient's performance or condition.
- Designs home exercise programs to facilitate carry over and promote independence. Provides instruction and supervision in the implementation of home programs.
- Complies with standards for medical; and/or educational; records management (e.g. insurance authorization; consents; physician's referral; documentation of treatment notes) and maintains patient/client confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Acts as a professional consultant to contract; educational and medical professionals and patients/clients and their families.
- Responsible for managing and integrating therapeutic services within the contract setting.
- Responsible for independent decision making r/t therapeutic services in the contract setting.
- Teaches manual sign language to individuals incapable of speaking.