The Anesthesia Paramedic is an actively participating patient care provider for patients undergoing procedures requiring anesthesia. The paramedic is an expert resource on anesthesia supplies and equipment.
- 3 to 5 years of direct experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Nationally Registered Paramedic
- NH State License within 30 days of hire
- CPR certified on hire
- Performs daily anesthesia machine safety checks. Coordinates anesthesia machine preventative maintenance, repairs, and training for staff. Maintains working knowledge of anesthesia machines and serves as a resource for questions and trouble shooting.
- Ensures anesthesia supplies are stocked. Coordinates with material management to establish par levels. Monitors outdates and performs cycle counts. Assists with Coordinating education and communication regarding new products.
- Assists anesthesia providers by gathering and setting up equipment and supplies for clinical procedures. Assists providers during procedures as indicated under direct supervision.
- Works collaboratively with pharmacy to assure supplies of non‑controlled medications are readily available. Monitors and re‑stocks non‑controlled pharmaceutical supplies in anesthesia automated medication cabinets.
- Maintains a clean and safe physical environment. Completes turnover of room and anesthesia station between surgical case or procedures. Monitors and replaces sharps and biohazard disposal containers. Removes and replaces oxygen and other gas cylinders as necessary.
- Performs checks of code carts, difficult airway cart, fluid/blanket warmers and malignant hypothermia carts.
- Assists the peri‑operative care team with support activities, including cardiac monitoring, O2 therapy, EKG's, phlebotomy, vital sign measurement, IV therapy and basic emergency procedures such as CPR. Within scope of practice, monitors and documents the medical condition of patients while reporting changes to appropriate personnel. Ensures the accuracy of documentation in the patient care record.
- Other duties as assigned