Performs a variety of dental assisting duties to promote and provide safe and quality focused dental care for our pediatric patients.
- 1 to 3 years experience Pedi Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Dental radiology certified in the State of NH
- Nitrous Oxide certification or if not certified, must receive within 6 months of hire
- BLS within 6 months of hire
- Performs a variety of duties in preparation of and following dental visits such as; taking and updating health histories, instrument preparation, debridement and sterilization, treatment area preparation, seating patients, processing dental radiographs, providing oral hygiene instructions and conducting dental laboratory functions.
- Performs a variety of direct patient care duties, using Universal Precautions and following OSHA regulations.
- Performs daily administrative duties of the practice including greeting patients, check in/out, scheduling patients, chart maintenance, filing, purchasing, taking messages, answering multi line phones and copying patient records.
- Performs preventive maintenance and conduct inventory according to office guidelines.
- If applicable, performs additional orthodontic and coronal polishing duties under the direct supervision of the dentist. Other duties could include, lip, cheek and tongue retraction, oral evacuation, placement of topical anesthetic, placement and removal of rubber dam and matrices, topical application of nonprescription agents including fluoride, processing dental impressions for study models, and mouth guards, pulp vitality testing, removal of dressings, and placement of sealants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.