Performs mammographic examinations and bone density examinations utilizing diagnostic radiographic equipment.
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience
- Mammography Certification Eligible
- CPR Certification within 90 days of hire
- ARRT Registered
- Interviews patient for prior medical history; explains procedure to patient. Checks patient order for completeness and to assure correct exam is performed.
- Positions patient on digital mammography unit and adjusts immobilization devises as needed to obtain optimum views. Reviews/compares exam to previous exam when available to assure quality of image.
- Operate digital imaging equipment according to manufacturers guidelines. Tracks patients exam to assure exams are processed appropriately.
- Follows all MQSA; ACR AND FDA regulations.
- Bone Density Technologist must assure QC is run daily and that the equipment passes QC prior to imaging patients. Analyzes scans and retrieves prior exams for comparison.
- Special Procedures Technologists reviews all cases with the Radiologists; maintains sterile technique and assists Radiologist with the procedure.
- Employees must keep 15 mammography CEU's current in a 3 year period and maintain 24 CEU's every 2 years for the ARRT.