Provides basic nursing care to patients under the direct supervision of the licensed nurse.
Come join this specialty team, a small intimate setting 1:1 with patients.
As needed to cover census, call-outs, vacations etc., Mon-Fri with no weekends. Hours vary, but this per diem employee is required to pick up 3 shifts per quarter to maintain competencies. Shifts could be M-Fr 7-5:30 with Tues 1/2 day 8:30-1:30 when covering.
- Licensed Nursing Assistant - NH State
- CPR Certified within 90 days of hire
- Follows established departmental policies and procedures; objectives; quality improvement programs; safety/environment of care programs and infection control standards.
- Performs basic procedures to include incentive spirometry; bedside testing such as blood glucose testing; non-sterile dressing changes and oral suctioning and maintains aseptic technique when appropriate.
- Provides personal care to patients.
- Monitors condition of patients and reports changes to appropriate personnel.
- Performs accurate and timely documentation of patient care information on appropriate patient medical record forms.
- Maintains a safe; comfortable and therapeutic environment for patient and family in accordance with hospital standards including assurance and support of patient's rights and responsibilities.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs; current literature; inservices; meetings and workshops.
- Determines proper functioning of medical equipment to assure patient safety.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the patient care plan.