Provides support and assistance to management and manages the daily operations and resources of the Central Billing Office staff. Independently leads 4 to 8 billing specialists. Provides oversight of designated central billing office staff and assigns responsibilities to maintain smooth claims processing. Responsible for the human resource management of central billing office staff including hiring firing evaluating and developing with support as directed by management.
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years central billing office experience
- Excellent communication analytical and computer skills including; Excel Microsoft Office and prior experience with electronic billing and practice management software
- BCLS within 6 months of hire
- Provides oversight of designated central billing office staff and assigns responsibilities to maintain smooth claims processing.
- Responsible for the human resource management of central billing office staff including hiring; firing; evaluating; and developing with support as directed by management.
- Coordinates; organizes; plans and directs the daily work of the central billing office staff members. Ensures policy compliance; smooth billing office operations; and customer satisfaction. Communicates team process and concerns to management.
- Strategizes with management about improvement opportunities and solutions. Identifies and organizes process improvement initiatives for designated financial class(es).
- Responsible for all aspects of a major financial class(es) including: A/R performance; reporting; assignment of duties/staffing; and process improvement. Accountable for overall A/R performance of assigned major financial class(es).
- Works with management and payor representatives to improve A/R for the assigned financial class(es).
- Identifies; informs and helps resolve issues related to A/R for assigned major financial class(es).
- Reviews A/R; monitors work logs; assigns staff tasks; answers questions; and troubleshoots for any team member.
- Provides management with regular updates and reports on designated area of responsibility (both written and verbal).
- Independently trains new employees. Responsible for central billing office staff development and application of NextGen EPM and Navicure.
- Supports and educates central billing office staff on all financial classes.
- Coordinates with other Billing Supervisors for cross training on all financial classes.
- Responsible for ensuring quality customer service to patients; practices; senior management; and all departments within Core.
- Together with management; creates a positive and team oriented environment for all central billing office staff with which employees feel a sense of belonging.
- Communicates organizational information to central billing office staff in designated section on a regular and timely basis. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested by management.