Exeter Hospital, Core Physicians, and Rockingham VNA & Hospice, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health, proudly serve the beautiful NH seacoast region. Our principal mission is to work together to create healthier communities. What makes us unique is the spirit of our staff who are team-oriented and focused on providing an outstanding patient care experience and quality outcomes for those we are privileged to serve. In addition, we want to ensure that our employees feel well cared for by offering a comprehensive benefits package, on-going training and growth opportunities, wellness resources, special perks, and more.
Our Magnet designation is recognition of our excellent nursing staff and the high quality, innovative patient care we deliver every day in our community.
Provides nursing care under RN supervision for assigned patients in assigned clinical area.
Open to various nursing backgrounds.
- 6 months to 1 year or more experience preferred
- Post-secondary training or equivalent experience
- LPN License- NH state or other Compact State
- CPR certified within 90 days of hire
- Provides direct nursing care to patients and assists in the nursing process under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures; objectives; quality improvement program; safety/environment of care program and infection control standards.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of nursing documentation on patient medical record.
- Monitors medical condition of patients and documents and reports changes to appropriate personnel. Ensures safe; timely and accurate medication administration.
- Provides management; coordination and communication of patient care orders and services.
- Collaborates with other health care team members to adjust the plan of care as necessary to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Provides patient/family education and counseling in accordance with facility and departmental standards.
- Maintains a safe; comfortable and therapeutic environment for patient and family in accordance with facility standards including assurance and support of patient's rights and responsibilities.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs; current literature; inservices; meetings and workshops. May demonstrate new techniques; equipment and procedures to staff.
- Orients; instructs and supervises ancillary personnel. May review work schedules and assign duties to staff to maintain smooth patient flow.