Accurately codes diagnoses, procedures, and levels of evaluation and management services based on CPT and ICD guidelines.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1–3 years of healthcare experience
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Risk Adjustments Coder (CRC)
- Apply broad guidelines to specific coding situations, independently utilizing discretion and analytic ability.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in ICD and CPT coding classification systems, diagnosis and service(s) selection, and sequencing guidelines.
- Demonstrate competence with coding guidelines.
- Assist other coders by monitoring coders work log for identification of accounts that need additional follow up.
- Performs other coding/clerical function or other duties as assigned.
- Understands the impact of diagnosis coding on risk adjustment payment models.
- Ability to identify documentation deficiencies and convey them to providers to improve accuracy of risk adjustment scores.