Responsible for the coordination of decontamination, cleaning, processing and sterilization of supplies and equipment dispensed by the department following infection control practices. Directs and checks the work of others.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 to 2 years of experience preferred
- CRCST Certification Required
- Serves as a preceptor to new staff. Ensures assignments are appropriate to the experience level of the employee.
- Performs all duties of CSS Tech I with proficiency
- Coordinates/monitors quality activities for the OR and CSS for surgical instrumentation. Performs quality assurance/control activities in CSS and OR on weekends.
- Collaborates with the manager to define, implement and enforce policies and procedures. Assists in meeting compliance with regulatory standards.
- Monitor par levels of supplies daily to ensure adequate par level. Orders department supplies from the Storeroom as necessary
- Retrieves/restocks/returns and completes monthly outdates for code and specialty carts. Monitors non-controlled pharmaceutical agents.
- Maintains a clean work environment in accordance with regulatory requirements and hospital policy, such as damp dusting horizontal surfaces, end of the day cleaning, removal of trash and laundry, cleaning equipment and cleaning of common areas.
- Assists in developing, communicating, implementing and troubleshooting instrument/sterilization issues.
- Assists with facilitation of staff meetings and in-services.
- Completes other daily tasks as requested and assigned.