Human Resources Generalist assigned to a Strategic Business Unit to provide management consultation, employee advocacy, HR support, and service brokerage. Acts as a business person who knows Human Resources.
- 3-5 years experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Proactively identifies and works with supported management to address issues affecting employee relations; disciplinary matters; staffing; scheduling and compensation/benefits which hinder optimal departmental performance and support outstanding patient care experiences.
- Effectively applies knowledge of federal and state laws; policies and Exeter culture in consultation with management and achieves positive outcomes on employee relations issues that appropriately balance employee and management perspectives which avoid litigation or significantly reduce its risk.
- Successfully assists in execution of specific business strategies within areas of responsibility; reorganization; downsizing; performance improvement activities; retention of high performance staff through proactive management consultation services.
- Effectively serves the Vice President of the area of responsibility as a resource on HR related matters including employee morale; leadership development and succession planning.
- Effectively assists in communication of organization-wide objectives and HR initiatives which support them through active participation in meetings and presentations with management and staff.
- Provides appropriate support for the business unit for HR related standards of performance for various regulatory agency requirements.
- Effectively brokers HR services for staff within areas of responsibility for benefits, recruiting, compensation, training and development.
- Supports Management and Staff training function through active participation in teaching activities.