$ 2500 Sign on Bonus
Follows up on medical billing for a multi specialty physician group. Provides customer service for patient account inquiries. Posts payments and processes mail on a daily basis. The full time schedule allows for a few days remote and a few days on site.
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years medical billing experience
- Review work log daily to ensure timely resolution of outstanding A/R. Follows-up on incorrectly denied and outstanding claims; including patient balances; in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate proficiency and utilize practice management system. Appropriately document all transactions on patient accounts.
- Provide liaison between patients; departments; and insurance companies to ensure account resolution.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor; lead; co-workers; and offices. Provide backup for other team members; as needed.
- Evaluate account balances to determine patient liability. Review accounts for collection agency submittal.
- Process EOB and R/A payments/denials from all payors and self pay payments; in a timely fashion.
- Open; batch; document; and distribute all mail on a daily basis.
- Responsible for addressing patient issues and concerns (phone; mail; and walk-in) in a timely manner; while projecting a professional and caring image. Return patient phone calls and office staff calls/inquiries within the same business day.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy at all times in job functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by lead/supervisor/manager