10:00am - 10:30pm Every Other Friday, Saturday & Sunday
Operates computerized tomography (CT) scanner to produce cross-sectional radiographs of patient's body for diagnostic purposes. Directs and coordinates activities of CT modality by performing the following duties.
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience
- ARRT or eligible
- MIRT License
- CPR Certified within 90 days of hire
- Positions and immobilizes patient on procedure table; using supportive devices to obtain precise patient position and following protocols specified by the Radiologist and performs scans.
- Administers contrast medial orally and intravenously.
- Enters data such as type of scan requested; slice thickness; scan time and other technical data into the computer.
- Views images of organs or tissue on video display screen to ensure quality of pictures.
- Evaluates radiographs and computer generated information for technical quality.
- Demonstrates new techniques; equipment and procedures to staff.
- Implements and monitors radiation safety measures to ensure safety of patients and staff and compliance with government regulatory requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.