Performs general and targeted cleaning activities as assigned.
- 0-6 months experience
- must be able to implement verbal and written instructions.
- Drivers license - valid
- Cleans all areas of all buildings as assigned safely; cleans floors using care techniques of vacuuming; dry and damp mopping.
- Performs light fixture and ceiling grid cleaning; vent maintenance removing cleaning grills; track light cleaning; high dusting of lobby and detail cleaning of Milcare stations. Performs wall washing and window cleaning as assigned. Changes curtains; cubicles; and cleans blinds; window treatments as required.
- Uses cleaning chemicals and understands the appropriate use of each type of cleaning chemical.
- Moves furniture and large equipment, for the purpose of cleaning (refrigerators, Automated Medication Dispensing Cabinets, equipment, warmers, etc.). Performing in depth cleaning of areas assigned.
- Performs floor care duties stripping/refinishing techniques; spray buffing and burnishing. Performs carpet care duties extracting and shampooing.
- Handles general trash removal; infectious waste; biohazard/sharps and confidential waste; using the appropriate protocol.
- Keeps all equipment clean and operational; maintains appropriate inventories of cleaning supplies.
- Maintains log system of all project work documenting times and work completed. Carries pager and responds in a timely manner.
- Maintains equipment in a safe clean manner; reporting any broken or missing items to supervisor. Reports all aesthetic issues to manager and report any damaged/broken equipment using LOTO as required.
- May assist in the training and orientation of staff.